Why Volunteer With Us?
- Training in proper art handling – learn about the proper exhibition practices, including how to handle artwork, how to hang an art exhibition, how to transport artwork and how to get artwork ready for exhibition
- Networking opportunities – Get the chance to collaborate and work alongside local artists and art professionals
- Build your resume – expand your experience and receive future references
- Give back to the community – Enrich the culture of the Central Okanagan
- Get involved in the arts community – be a part of our dynamic arts programming such as the Okanagan Arts Awards, Artscape, Downtown Gallery, Professional Development Workshops and more
- Gain access to events – attend our highly anticipated eventsn (i.e. Okanagan Arts awards and Professional Development Workshops) for FREE
- Unique Art Opportunities – encounter specific art-based skills and interactions
Artscape Exhibition Crew – Year Round
The Arts Council of the Central Okanagan (Artsco) operates the Artscape Community Exhibition Program, that rotates exhibitions of artwork created by local artists through multiple public spaces including the Kelowna Community Theatre, the Downtown Kelowna, Mission and Rutland branches of the Okanagan Regional Library and Interior Health Building – among others locations.
ARTSCO is looking for volunteers to assist with Artscape exhibition prep, install and art handling year round.
All Artscape volunteers will be trained in proper exhibition practices, including how to handle artwork, how to hang an art exhibition, how to transport artwork and proper practices in how to get artwork ready for exhibition.
We ask Artscape volunteers to commit to helping with a minimum of 4 exhibitions a year/one each season: Winter, Fall, Spring, Summer. Assisting with more exhibitions annually is welcomed and encouraged.
Exhibition installation takes 2 – 4 hours each on average.
Artscape changeovers are scheduled based on venue and artist availability; Volunteer availability will also be taken into consideration.
Do you have an interest in learning more about volunteering to put up art exhibitions?
Contact Kirsteen McCulloch (Executive Director) at [email protected]