The Arts Council of the Central Okanagan invites applications for the positions of:
Gallery Coordinator and Media & Curatorial Assistant
Application Deadline: June 3, 2022, midnight
Anticipated Contract Start Date: June 20, 2022
Contract length: Flexible (14-20 weeks. 24-34hrs/week)
This is a government-funded employment opportunity through the CANADA SUMMER JOBS program.
The Arts Council of the Central Okanagan (ARTSCO) is committed to delivering programs of value to the community through championing artistic excellence, accessibility, communication, awareness, and mutual support of the arts within the broader community.
Working with the Executive Director, the employee will participate in a range of gallery and exhibition coordination activities.
The preferred applicant will have experience in visual and/or media arts, preferably familiarity with artist-run centres. He/she/they are a highly responsible team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and are able to demonstrate personal initiative and leadership within a collective environment.
Primary responsibilities include: supporting ARTSCO’s community activities, assisting in daily administrative duties including volunteer coordination, general exhibition installation, and maintenance, and offering support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the Mac environment, including Word, Excel, Adobe CS, and template-based web design platforms.
- Physical ability and knowledge to perform preparatory and installation work
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently
Please note: this position will require evening/weekend shifts.
To be eligible you must:
- between 15 and 30 years of age;
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible); and
- according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations, be legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply, submit a single PDF document (titled ‘YourFirstNameYourLastname.pdf’) containing a cover letter, resume and contact information for two references to [email protected] Please write ‘Attn. Hiring Committee’ in the email subject line. DeadlineJune 3, 2022 midnight. Applications will not be accepted in person.
ARTSCO encourages applications from under-represented cultural workers of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer, and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, persons with diverse abilities, and those on low-incomes.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For information about the ARTSCO, please visit www.artsco.ca