8th Annual Okanagan Arts Awards CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Nominate a Deserving Artist
The Okanagan Arts Awards, now in its 8th year, is an annual celebration recognizing winning nominees for their outstanding achievement. The arts awards serve to underline the importance of the arts in our communities, and to recognize individuals and groups for their significant contributions and for their exceptional support of arts and culture in BC’s Central Interior.
Nominations to anyone who resides from Kamloops to the Nicola Valley, Princeton to Osoyoos, and through to Revelstoke. To nominate click here
Arts Categories: The Arts Awards recognize all forms of the Arts:
- Central Okanagan Foundation Community Arts Association Award: arts organization
- Arts Educator: a teacher in any context, public school, community
- Culinary: demonstrate a high degree of competence
- Dance: performance, choreographers, companies
- Design: industrial, fashion, jewelry, furniture
- Graphic Arts: advertising, web design, commercial graphics
- Literary Arts: fiction, non-fiction, news, weblogs, poetry
- Media Arts: film, video, animation
- Music: singing, song writing, instrumentation, composing, performance
- Supporter of the Arts: through financial, volunteer or other significant contribution
- Theatre: producer, director, actor, company
- Visual Arts: all forms and types of visual arts
- Youth: Age to 25: one award will be given: music, dance, theatre, visual arts, including media & design
- Lifetime Achievement Award
This award will be presented on the basis of overall contributions to the arts.
This is not a nomination award
The timeline for the various steps of the nomination process are as follows:
- Deadline for Nominations January 31, 2015
- Presentation of Awards March 28, 2015
The Central Interior has some of the most talented individuals that deserve recognition for their continued contributions to the Arts.
Take the time to nominate your star of the arts, raising their profile and honouring the calibre of art in your community. Go to the Okanagan Arts Awards website at artsco.ca . or click here to nominate
You will find that this year’s on-line application process is easy and very user friendly!
Questions: Arts Council of the Central Okanagan 250-861-4123 e-mail: [email protected]